G.H.O.E.

First off, I feel kinda bad that I missed Occupy Greensboro yesterday.  I completely support the entire Occupy Wall Street movement and hope I get another opportunity to participate in the future.  My friend Sarah has a lot of great photos from that event on her blog Cosmicity, linked in the sidebar here.

However, I had a very good reason; Zach was participating, as a member of Grimsley High School's Blue Steel drum line, In the North Carolina A&T State University's Homecoming Parade.  This is part of what is billed as the Greatest Homecoming On Earth, hence the title of this post.  I went along as a chaperone.

This is a wonderful community event.  I wanted to share some pictures, mostly from the period before the actual parade started.




 The Kiser Middle School Cheerleaders were right next to us in the staging area, but were put a few spots ahead of us.
 I'm not much of a car guy, but this Bonneville is badass!
 The Carver High School Band from Winston-Salem
 The Northeast Guilford Band

 Zach and Captain America...


I shot a lot of video as well, including the Blue Steel Show and the drum battle at the end of the parade.  I'll probably post that on Facebook.



Comments

Popular Posts