Still catching up, albeit slowly...

OK, it's just a couple of months short of three years since the last post where I apologized for it being seven months since the post before that.  So no apologies this time, but maybe a bit of explanation; I've been busy.

Busy doing what, you say?  Well for starters, I went back to college for two years.  You see, my original degree is in music theory.  Not exactly a career-track sort of degree, but hey, it was the 70's.  After getting laid off from my last "job job" as sales manager at a music software company I found myself facing a pretty hostile job market.  So I decided to get some certification that says "this guy is qualified to do THIS."  In my case the THIS is music education. 

So back to UNCG for two years in a licensure-only program to add the K-12 education aspect to the earlier degree.  While it would be a little flakey to say I "found" myself during that time, I did come to a better understanding of what's important to me and what leads to a sense of fulfillment for me.  I've also made some wonderful friends, some still in Greensboro and some now flung all over the state, who I know will continue to enrich my life. 

A couple of other changes; the relationship I spoke of so gushingly came to a screeching halt in February of 2010.  As they say, it ended badly, so I guess I'll just leave it at that.  Also Sin Tax played their last show in October of 2009.  No big farewell show or anything, just kind of ended with a whimper.

So, one might ask, am I teaching?  Am I dating anyone?  Am I playing any?  Well, if I answered those now, I wouldn't have anything to write about next time, right?





Comments

Popular Posts